Main requirements for manuscripts
- Main articles should be consistent with the aims of Gender, Place and Culture as expressed on the aims and scopes page, and be approximately 3000-9000 words in length inclusive of all text (i.e. abstract/tables/references/figure captions/footnotes/endnotes). 9000 is a word limit rather than a requirement; we also welcome shorter papers. Viewpoint articles (maximum 3000 words) or editorials (maximum 2000 words) should not contain original research, but be critically engaging. Themed section articles have a word limit of 7000 words.
- Abstracts of 250 words are required for all manuscripts submitted.
- Manuscripts should be typed, double spaced, with ample margins and bear the title of the contribution.
- Manuscripts should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text; acknowledgements; references; appendices (as appropriate); table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figure caption(s) (as a list).
- Each manuscript should have 5 to 6 keywords.
For more information, please read the full journal instructions for authors on the journal homepage.